- 19.03.2018: The SFB staff congratulates the SFB project leader Christoph Aistleitner for the
- We announce the opening of several PostDoc and PhD Student positions in Linz for the second period of the SFB! PDF
- 22.12.2017: The SFB Speaker Gerhard Larcher is the "Upper Austrian of the day".
18.12.2017: The board of trustees of the FWF has approved the prolongation of our SFB: „Quasi Monte Carlo Methods: Theory and Applications“ until January 2022.
Conscious of the great honor, all members of the SFB thank the FWF for the great confidence and the continuous support of our work.
- 10.11.2017: The SFB staff congratulates the SFB member Alexander Bors (University of Salzburg) for the "Studienpreis der Österreichischen Mathematischen Gesellschaft 2017"
- December 2016: the SFB Member Alexander Bors is awarded with the "Award of Excellence - Staatspreis für die besten Dissertationen 2016" vom Bundesminister für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Wissenschaft for his PhD thesis with the title "On dynamical aspects of finite group endomorphisms".
- October 2016: Project Part Leader Roswitha Hofer is awarded with the Kardinal-Innitzer-Förderungspreis.
- September 2016: Zhimin Sun (associate professor of Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics in Hubei University) has been awarded a scholarship of the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) to sponsor a one-year research stay at RICAM in the research project discrete applied mathematics (March 2017-February 2018) which will complement the SFB.
- March 2016: The SFB staff congratulates the SFB member Johann Brauchart (Technische Universität Graz) for the Lise Meitner Stipendium.
- 17.11.2015: the SFB member Christoph Aisleitner (Institute of Financial Mathematics and Applied Number Theory) is awarded with the Talentförderungsprämie Oberösterreich 2015.
- 08.07.2015: Joseph Dick (cooperation partner of the SFB, University of New South Wales) is the "Upper Austrian of the day".
- 5. June 2015: all SFB members congratulate Christoph Aistleitner (Institute of Financial Mathematics and Applied Number Theory) for the prestigious Award START-Preis 2015!
- Prof. Dmitriy Bilyk will be our "Land Oberösterreich Guest Professor".
He will stay in Linz from June 14 to June 26, 2015.
- Prof. József Beck will be our "Land Oberösterreich Guest Professor".
He will stay in Linz from June 15 to June 27, 2015.
- May 2015, the Project Part Leader Peter Kritzer is the winner of the 2015 Prize for Achievement in Information-Based Complexity.
- October 2014, the book "Introduction to Quasi-Monte Carlo Integration and Applications"authored by the two SFB Member Gunther Leobacher and Friederich Pillichshammer is now available!
- 25.06.2014, Harald Niederreiter received the Honary Doctorate of the Johannes Kepler University!