- 19.03.2018: The SFB staff congratulates the SFB project leader Christoph Aistleitner for the
- We announce the opening of several PostDoc and PhD Student positions in Linz for the second period of the SFB! PDF
- 22.12.2017: The SFB Speaker Gerhard Larcher is the "Upper Austrian of the day".
18.12.2017: The board of trustees of the FWF has approved the prolongation of our SFB: „Quasi Monte Carlo Methods: Theory and Applications“ for the second period until January 2022.
Conscious of the great honor, all members of the SFB thank the FWF for the great confidence and the continuous support of our work.
- 10.11.2017: The SFB staff congratulates the SFB member Alexander Bors (University of Salzburg) for the "Studienpreis der Österreichischen Mathematischen Gesellschaft 2017"
- December 2016: the SFB Member Alexander Bors is awarded with the "Award of Excellence - Staatspreis für die besten Dissertationen 2016" vom Bundesminister für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Wissenschaft for his PhD thesis with the title "On dynamical aspects of finite group endomorphisms".
- October 2016: Project Part Leader Roswitha Hofer is awarded with the Kardinal-Innitzer-Förderungspreis.
- September 2016: Zhimin Sun (associate professor of Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics in Hubei University) has been awarded a scholarship of the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) to sponsor a one-year research stay at RICAM in the research project discrete applied mathematics (March 2017-February 2018) which will complement the SFB.
- March 2016: The SFB staff congratulates the SFB member Johann Brauchart (Technische Universität Graz) for the Lise Meitner Stipendium.
- 17.11.2015: the SFB member Christoph Aisleitner (Institute of Financial Mathematics and Applied Number Theory) is awarded with the Talentförderungsprämie Oberösterreich 2015.
- 08.07.2015: Joseph Dick (cooperation partner of the SFB, University of New South Wales) is the "Upper Austrian of the day".
- 5. June 2015: all SFB members congratulate Christoph Aistleitner (Institute of Financial Mathematics and Applied Number Theory) for the prestigious Award START-Preis 2015!
- Prof. Dmitriy Bilyk will be our "Land Oberösterreich Guest Professor".
He will stay in Linz from June 14 to June 26, 2015.
- Prof. József Beck will be our "Land Oberösterreich Guest Professor".
He will stay in Linz from June 15 to June 27, 2015.
- May 2015, the Project Part Leader Peter Kritzer is the winner of the 2015 Prize for Achievement in Information-Based Complexity.
- October 2014, the book "Introduction to Quasi-Monte Carlo Integration and Applications"authored by the two SFB Member Gunther Leobacher and Friederich Pillichshammer is now available!
- 25.06.2014, Harald Niederreiter received the Honary Doctorate of the Johannes Kepler University!