Within the SFB we will organize annual workshops, seminars and schools on themes related to the topics of the SFB for all the SFB participants. These will help to continue existing and to create new collaborations within the SFB and with external cooperators. Invited senior scientists shall participate at these workshops and the young researchers, who are employed by the SFB, will have the opportunity to present their results. In this context they will have a forum to exchange ideas, as well as to discuss scientific problems with the (senior) participants at the workshops, from within and outside the SFB.
The summer schools will mainly be targeted at PhD students and Postdocs. A small number of selected lecturers, in part members of the SFB, in part invited experts, will present lecture courses on recent developments and will be available for scientific exchange with the participating (mainly) young researchers.
- Online talk series
Due to the pandemic situation in the world and the impossibility to travel and meet, in June 2020 we started to organise a series of online talks. Because of the success of the online talk series we will continue to organise online talks and workshops during the year 2021. Please find here detailed information to follow the talks, the list of the speakers, the abstracts of the talks, etc..
- SFB Online - Kooperationsworkshop, Zoom, 22.01.2021
- Damir Ferizović is organizer of the Point Distributions Webinar. More information about the webinar are: https://www.math.fsu.edu/~vlasiuk/point_seminar.html#comingup
- Aicke Hinrichs is co-organizer of the Oberwolfach Seminar "New Perspectives and Computational Challenges in High Dimensions" (Oberwolfach, February 2-8, 2020)
- Sumaia Saad Eddin and Lisa Kaltenböck are the organizers of the Workshop "Arithmetik an der A7: zu Gast in Linz", Linz, January 29-31, 2020. Here you can find more details:
- Gunther Leobacher is the organizer of the Workshop on Algorithms & Complexity in High Dimensions - A 5 day fall school and workshop on the fields of IBC, stochastics, and numerical analysis, Graz, September 30 - October 4, 2019
- Aicke Hinrichs is co-organizer of the Dagstuhl Seminar "Algorithms and Complexity for Continuous Problems" (Dagstuhl, August 18-23, 2019)
- SFB Kooperationsworkshop, Neufelden, 25-27.09.2019
- Sumaia Saad Eddin is the organizer of the Mini-Symposium on Analytic Number Theory and Applications, Linz, 01.04.2019
- SFB Workshop and Winter School on Local Statistics of Point Sequences, Linz, 25.2-01.03.2019
- Friedrich Pillichshammer is Co-organizer of the Workshop: "Discrepancy" (Linz, November 26 - 30 2018) at the RICAM Special Semester "Multivariate Algorithms and their Foundations in Number Theory"
- Peter Kritzer is Co-organizer of the Workshop: "Multivariate Algorithms and Information-Based Complexity" (Linz, November 5 - 9 2018) at the RICAM Special Semester "Multivariate Algorithms and their Foundations in Number Theory"
- Peter Kritzer is Co-organizer of the special session "Algorithms for high-dimensional approximation (and integration) problems" (July 3, 2018) at the 13th International Conference in Monte Carlo & Quasi - Monte Carlo Methods in Scientific Computing, Rennes, France, (July 1-6, 2018), http://mcqmc2018.inria.fr/program/.
- Aicke Hinrichs is Co-organizer of the special session "Dispersion and Applications" (July 4, 2018) at the 13th International Conference in Monte Carlo & Quasi - Monte Carlo Methods in Scientific Computing, Rennes, France, (July 1-6, 2018), http://mcqmc2018.inria.fr/program/.
- Friedrich Pillichshammer is Co-organizer of the special session "Low discrepancy sequences and point sets - devoted to the 80th birthday of Henry Faure" (July 5, 2018) at the 13th International Conference in Monte Carlo & Quasi - Monte Carlo Methods in Scientific Computing, Rennes, France, (July 1-6, 2018), http://mcqmc2018.inria.fr/program/.
- Mini-symposium "Monte Carlo and quasi-Monte Carlo methods" at the 19th ÖMG-DMV congress, Salzburg, September 11 - 15, 2017
- Graz Summer School on Applications of Quasi-Monte Carlo methods, Graz/Styria/Austria, June 12 - 14, 2017
- Workshop on Function Approximation, Linz, Dezember 1-2, 2016
- Research Workshop on Lower Discrepancy Bounds, Linz, WS2016: Worhshop for SFB Members, Wednesday, 12:00-13:30, S0217
- Reading Group on the polynomial Method with Oliver Roche-Newton, Linz, WS2016: Workshop, Thutsday, 10:00-11:00
- Workshop: Randomness and Determinism in Number Theory, Vienna, May 18-20, 2016.