Workshops, Seminars, Schools
Within the SFB we will organize annual workshops, seminars and schools on themes related to the topics of the SFB for all the SFB participants. These will help to continue existing and to create new collaborations within the SFB and with external cooperators. Invited senior scientists shall participate at these workshops and the young researchers, who are employed by the SFB, will have the opportunity to present their results. In this context they will have a forum to exchange ideas, as well as to discuss scientific problems with the (senior) participants at the workshops, from within and outside the SFB.
The summer schools will mainly be targeted at PhD students and Postdocs. A small number of selected lecturers, in part members of the SFB, in part invited experts, will present lecture courses on recent developments and will be available for scientific exchange with the participating (mainly) young researchers.
- Mini-symposium "Monte Carlo and quasi-Monte Carlo methods" at the 19th ÖMG-DMV congress, Salzburg, September 11 - 15, 2017
- Graz Summer School on Applications of Quasi-Monte Carlo methods, Graz/Styria/Austria, June 12 - 14, 2017
- SFB Mentoring - Workshop 3: Dynamical systems in number theory, Professor Vitaly Bergelson (Ohio State University), March 13-17, 2017, program
- Workshop on Function Approximation, Linz, Dezember 1-2, 2016
- Research Workshop on Lower Discrepancy Bounds, Linz, WS2016: Worhshop for SFB Members, Wednesday, 12:00-13:30, S0217
- Reading Group on the polynomial Method with Oliver Roche-Newton, Linz, WS2016: Workshop, Thutsday, 10:00-11:00
- Workshop: Randomness and Determinism in Number Theory, Vienna, May 18-20, 2016.
- SFB Kooperationsworkshop, Linz, 21-22.04.2016, program
- SFB Mentoring - Modul 2: Mathematik! Verständlich! Ao. Univ. Prof. Dr. Rudolf Taschner (TU Wien) with the participation of Angelika Wienerroither MA (SN), Salzburg, 1-3.10.2015, program.
- Open Problems Workshop with Prof. Beck, Linz, 18.06.2015, program
- SFB Mentoring - Modul 1: Schreiben! Lernen!, Dr. Jennifer Allen (Berlin), Salzburg, 17-19.04.2015